Sunday, July 15, 2007

Saturday Run

So I figured out that it wasn't arthritis or an injury in my knee. It appears that joint swelling and tendon tenderness are effects of low hormones. Ahh what a suprise. It cropped up the week my levels dropped. I am rather frustrated that my surgery in January is still impacting my life so dramatically this late in the year. I am only 5 weeks away from the H2C and I am really fighting my training because my levels fluctuate so dramatically and so quickly. My goal went from running the whole time to finishing w/out having a total meltdown or hormone crash. Not happy about it but what am I to do really. I want to run this and I am tired of my "female problems" dictating every piece of my life. It has been what, eight years now that I have put things on hold, or given things up all together, because I hurt, can't walk, can't sit, can't lay down, can't work, can't take care of my kids, can't be the woman I want to be. I was hoping this surgery would fix it and it has it is just getting my life stable that is taking longer then I planned. Ah, listen to me bitch and whine. Sorry for the digression.
I ran six miles yesturday w/ Jack in the jogging stroller. Needless to say pushing an extra 40+ lbs it took a little longer but I finished!
No more excuses, as they are very easy to come by, I am really kicking it into gear starting today. Pray for me...

No comments: