Saturday, October 6, 2007

Soccer Mom





We are halfway through the season and the kids are taking off! Today's game they played hard and it was one of the best games they have played. I am so proud of all of them! It has been a tough season, don't get me wrong. We are a really young team, half I would say have not played before. But the kids are putting up with my drills and making huge strides each practice. The most joy I have is watching them play and having a great time.

Coaching is a great way to spend time with RJ. Not sure that I am really born for coaching in this era but I do what I can. I have found that my natural talent is as a yeller...go figure. I just make sure that I am only yelling good clear instructions...you know, "run, face the ball, run". Usually I am just yelling RUN. Phillip keeps telling me I need to stop yelling since the kids don't listen. Someday one of us will learn, either I will stop or the kids will start listening;) Place your bets now...

Here are photos of RJ playing with his friends. There is a team photo and one of me in my prime:) Needless to say, practice two nights a week and games on Saturdays makes for busy times at the Erwin house, I will update soon on RJ's birthday and other events in our lives...promise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, those pictures look good!
We have a fantastic coach. We Love You Heather!
John saw the pictures of you and he started yelling "Run, Run, Run....Face the Ball." I guess he was listening.