Monday, August 27, 2007

Gramma's Visit

Phillip's mom came for 5-days and had a great time! The boys ate up every minute of being doted on.

On the first day in town I took her to IKEA. It opened a month ago and is on the way home from the airport. Second floor is a mad house where the kids stuff is and the restaurant. I compare the whole experience to Costco on steroids. I think she enjoyed the first floor...we did find the cups and bowls I was looking for and the meatballs for Uncle Arthur (I do keep forgetting to bring them, oops!)

On Friday Phillip took her to the beach- Seaside- with the boys since I had to work. Here are the photos. They had a great time! I was sorry I missed the rides and arcade.



Saturday we took her to Sauvie's Island and got the cukes for pickles. We also did Dim Sum which is always a nice lunch for the fam so everyone gets something they like, fast.

Sunday we enjoyed church and dinner at my Aunt B's. We made pickles there and I found out that after all of these years the recipe I have been using thinking it was hers and her mother's was not. She has no idea whose recipe it is and was suprised that Phillip didn't like the Apple Cider vinegar ones I made years ago, since that is all she does. It is now officially my recipe since I have changed it so much and no longer do I feel bad for messing up hers since it never was...what an uplifting moment;)

Monday was a lazy day for me but great for her and boys since we just hung out and played. I was glad that we could have her for so long and it was a blast. I think by the end she was actually sleeping through the night and sleeping in too. No better vacation then that! Can't wait till we see her again and neither can the boys! Loves Gramma XOXOXO

1 comment:

samfirstcap said...

Heather,

I am always checking out the blog spot. Nice picture of your toes.

We started a blog spot to.

thetiemansandwoodwards.blogspot.com

see you soon.

sam