Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Peeps Wreath

The boys and I do this one every year, usually right at the start of Lent so I can enjoy the color as I drive up to the house.  Birds don't eat them, neither do I.  Since I was slower this year putting it together, instead I am going to take it to the office for a couple of days to brighten the space.

Since I have also embarked on the world of Pinterest, here are the directions.

Start with a 12" straw wreath.
Leave the plastic on and you can reuse it every year.

Poke toothpicks just over half way through.
Cluster together the Peeps.
Leave them to dry/harden over night before hanging.
Add a ribbon.
Ta Da!
I use about 7 boxes of peeps, multiple colors, the closer together the better. 
Sometimes I wrap a ribbon around the wreath before adding the Peeps, especially if someone has gotten to them before I have and there are fewer then expected.









No comments: