Thursday, September 4, 2008

Eskimos

Pop used to tell a story about 2 grizzled hunters who met in a bar in the arctic. After a few drinks theconversation turned to the existence of God. They started to argue. One man insisted that there was a God while the other was just as sure there was not.
“Yes there is!”
“No, there isn’t!”
“God exists!”
“No, He doesn’t, and I can prove it.” The non-believer said, “I was out hunting when a snow storm caught me. The snow came down hard and obliterated the trail. I was lost. I didn’t know what to do, so I got down on my knees and prayed.”
“That proves that God exists,” said the believer.
“No it doesn’t,” said his opponent. . . . “Some darn Eskimo came along and showed me the way back to town.”

We all have Eskimos who come into our lives and show us the way. A quick word, a chance meeting.

I have met with one of mine recently and wanted to help prepare your heart to meet one of yours.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Thanks, Heather, that is a good reminder.